Choosing a Contractor
When choosing a contractor for your project, you want the confidence knowing you picked the right one. How can you know you picked the right contractor? Use our guide below: “10 Things You Must Know When Choosing a Contractor.”
Are They a Licensed Contractor?Janke Construction is a licensed general contractor. That license gives you the assurance that your contractor has met stringent standards and passed the required exams with the State of Utah. Janke Construction has met and exceeded the licensing requirements in the following ways:
- Over 20 years experience in the construction industry
- The General Contractor’s license requires 4 years of W2′d work for a general contractor, including 2 years hands-on experience and 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Janke Construction has completed the Utah Business Law and General B100 Trade Exam courses in preparation for the licensing exams.
- Janke Construction is required to complete 6 core continuing education credits in order to renew it’s contractor’s license.
Is the Contractor Honest?Janke Construction’s slogan is “Craftsmanship with Integrity, the way it used to be.” Our core values are built on honesty and integrity. But don’t just take it from us, here is what our client’s say:
- People need to find contractors they can trust. Janke Construction is one that can be trusted. – Gordon and Tonya Crabtree, Farmington
- …we liked working with with someone we knew we and trusted. – Todd and Gwen Richards, Bountiful
- I would trust Janke Construction with anything. They have a key to my house. – Robert Hodson, Bountiful
- Janke Construction is friendly and honest. – Scott and Patricia Blotter, Centerville
Is the Contractor's Pricing Competitive?You can be assured a bid from Janke Construction includes the best price for the quality materials and workmanship you can find. Other contractors may issue a lower bid, but can compensate by using inferior materials. Janke Construction uses the right materials for the job to ensure enduring quality. Because of our high standards, your project will have exceptional quality which gives you the best value. Schedule a free consultation and receive an estimate on your project. Start Here.
- Janke Construction’s bid was the best that I got, and then he delivered uncompromising top quality workmanship for a truly beautiful result. – Becky Stauffer, North Salt Lake
- From our experience, I know that Janke Construction will stick to their budget. - Brett and Kae Harrison, Centerville
Does the Contractor Provide Good Customer Service?Janke Construction wants you to have a pleasant experience during the remodeling or construction of your home. We commit that you will have the customer service you deserve before, during, and after your project. See what our customers say:
- Janke Construction was always very responsive to our phone calls, whether it be about an update or a question. We made some minor changes during the project. Janke Construction was very accommodating and made sure that we were happy with the project. – Brett & Kae Harrison, Centerville
- Janke Construction’s patience and understanding to satisfy our wants were monumental. – Rick and Renee McDougall, Layton
- Janke Construction made us feel like our job was important to him. They were never in too much of a hurry to listen to us… – Diane & Rob Ellis, Woods Cross
- We like the personal attention to detail and quality, going the extra mile to satisfy. – Gordon and Tonya Crabtree, Farmington
Does the Contractor Do Quality Work?Janke Construction’s clients say over and over that the workmanship exceeded their expectations. Janke Construction’s high standards for quality are evident in the finished work. See some examples of our New Construction and Remodeling projects.
Does the Contractor Use Quality Material?Janke Construction only uses “quality” materials. Our years of experience in the construction industry have convinced us that it doesn’t pay to use cheaper, inferior products. In addition, we know that quality is not determined by price alone, it takes experience to judge the quality that will ensure a long-lasting end product.
Does the Contractor Use Licensed and Qualified Subcontractors?Janke Construction holds their subcontractors to the same high standards we observe for our self. We will only use licensed, qualified subcontractors.
- We would recommend Janke Construction and their subcontractors to everyone. – Todd & Gwen Richards, Bountiful
Does the Contractor Pay it's Subcontractors, Keeping You “Lien” Free?It’s a sad situation when a homeowner has paid the contractor only to find out a subcontractor has not been paid and has taken a lien against the home. Unfortunately, homeowners are legally obligated to pay such liens and must then take legal recourse to try to collect that payment from their contractor. This is why it is so important to hire a contractor who is known to be trustworthy and honest. Janke Construction’s subcontractors like working for us because they get paid in full and on time.
Will the Project be Completed in a Timely Manner?Janke Construction will give you an estimate of when the project will be completed and will make every effort to meet that date. In the construction industry it is unavoidable that certain things will affect the completion time including availability of materials, weather, and unforeseen circumstances. Janke Construction will make sure you are updated every step of the way and you will be well informed of any revisions to the completion date, if necessary.
Does the Contractor Honor Warranty Issues?Part of Janke Construction’s commitment to quality is their follow-up with warranty issues. We deal with the suppliers and subcontractors to obtain warranty servicing for you.
Let’s talk about your project. Schedule a free no obligation consultation today. In our consultation, we will discuss the details and vision of your home remodeling project.